Gay Stuff : Preference or Prejudice?
(THIS POST WAS WRITTEN BY ONE OF OUR MEMBERS, IT IS AN OPINION)
You are on A4A on a Saturday night cruising around for Mr. R. Now and you get a smile. You open up the profile and the guy isn’t what you are looking for. You are a [pick your race] guy and aren’t into [pick a race] guys. You read another profile where it reads: [pick a race] guys only. Now, for me that’s a preference but for some guys its racism or prejudice. Let’s look at the definition of racism and prejudice:
1. A belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one’s own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. Hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
1. opinion formed beforehand: a preformed opinion, usually an unfavorable one, based on insufficient knowledge, irrational feelings, or inaccurate stereotypes
2. holding of ill-informed opinions: the holding of preformed opinions based on insufficient knowledge, irrational feelings, or inaccurate stereotypes
3. irrational dislike of somebody: an unfounded hatred, fear, or mistrust of a person or group, especially one of a particular religion, ethnicity, nationality, sexual preference, or social status
If you are basing your sexual partner on any of these definitions then you might be a racist but I believe most guys like having sex with who they like. They don’t hate other races, they just like what they like. It goes both ways. It’s all in how you handle rejection.
A4A is a site designed for men to meet the men they want to hook up with. We all can’t be each other’s type, for whatever reason. Race, hair color, age, location, too skinny, too tall, too whatever. It’s all about personal choice.
g skorich AKA eastvalleyoral